New car dilemma

Strictly about cars

Moderators: Tank, AstroDubz, PlaYa

New car dilemma

Postby G-Funk on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Ola gents :salut: or for the gents that still visit the forum....
im busy scouting for a new cabby and actually found a really good deal or so i think :scratch: .Its a silver 2007 polo 1.4 comfortline with some nice rims the car has under 100000kms, its really a nice car and its going for R70k :|
Now prior to looking at this i have seen OTHER polos with more on the clock older and later models going for actually more than r70k...so the question comes to mind -what kyn with this car???
My motjie actually saw the car on her work intranet and told me about it and i even asked her if she asked the guy if theres anything wrong and he says nothing-all of this happened about 2 months back.So now the car is still not sold, so then she mails the dude and asks if its still available and he says yes and seeing as the guy works in finance she asks if he can arrange-skielik the guy says no but he can get someone who can BUT there are 2 things needed to be done a valet and a release bearing which according to him will cost about R1500 :scratch: ......
My question is, is that price he quoted correct? Is this deal too good to be true? i have that feeling in my mag that tells me theres a slang ini bos or maybe im just paranoid, o havent seen the car up close only a pic....some help guys pls/kanala/asb :mrgreen:
[color=#FF0080]better late than never...But never late is better[/color]
G-Funk
shopping trolley racer

Re: New car dilemma

Postby yeo786 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Your best hope is to go and see and test the car in the flesh.

Also, ask for vehicle VIN number and check up at your VW dealership about the car's history, nobody buying a luck of a polo for 2months is mos weird :?
If you're in control, you're not going fast enough!
Ex -Honda Ballade EF 160i 16V Dohc - Sold
Ex -VW Citi 2.0 8V Carb - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18811 - Sold
Current : CitiRox 1.4i STOCK
yeo786
track dicer

Postby riyaaz on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:07 pm

yeo786 wrote:Your best hope is to go and see and test the car in the flesh.

Also, ask for vehicle VIN number and check up at your VW dealership about the car's history, nobody buying a luck of a polo for 2months is mos weird :?

x2 what she said :thumright:

Check it out, test drive, check service book, etc. Oh then take pics and come show us :mrgreen:
DUB wrote: even God messed up on some individuals, Pepa for instance :)

Current: '97 Golf 3 GTS 1.8i aka Turtle
Ex: '90 mk1 1.6 aka The Danger :(
riyaaz
Plascon Developements CEO

Postby G-Funk on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:26 am

riyaaz wrote:

Check it out, test drive, check service book, etc. Oh then take pics and come show us :mrgreen:

aweness guys :thumleft: ...i thought the same thing yesterday il go check it out no harm in that i guess,feel how she drives and check the service history ...i have a pic of the car but cant upload pics as always....but apparently he is a good guy his reason for selling is coz he is being retrenched and needs cash...my only thing about a private deal is what if the car gives a problem a month later or so, also the cost to get the release bearing sorted is it about R1500 as this guy claims?? but thanx ouens i will keep u updated might go check the car over the weekend :)
[color=#FF0080]better late than never...But never late is better[/color]
G-Funk
shopping trolley racer

Postby yeo786 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:44 am

riyaaz wrote:

Aaaah come-on lol :evil:
If you're in control, you're not going fast enough!
Ex -Honda Ballade EF 160i 16V Dohc - Sold
Ex -VW Citi 2.0 8V Carb - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18811 - Sold
Current : CitiRox 1.4i STOCK
yeo786
track dicer

Postby riyaaz on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:51 pm

yeo786 wrote:
riyaaz wrote:

Aaaah come-on lol :evil:

:mrgreen:
DUB wrote: even God messed up on some individuals, Pepa for instance :)

Current: '97 Golf 3 GTS 1.8i aka Turtle
Ex: '90 mk1 1.6 aka The Danger :(
riyaaz
Plascon Developements CEO

Return to General Discussions (Motoring)