Android Thread

This is where you can find out about the lastest hardware/software & gadgets on the market.

Moderators: Tank, AstroDubz, PlaYa

Android Thread

Postby Jumbo_Golf on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:58 am

So....i've always been a nokia fan, always, but last year i could find any nokia i reeeallly wanted. Not even the N97 impressed me, it was slow & bulky. So i decided to look at other brands. Iphone was an option but it was expensive & & apps are mostly paid for. So an android phone was my next option & there were lots on the market, but HTC seem'd to be making the best around. Google then released the Nexus1(which was made by HTC). Since i couldnt get the Nexus1 in sa, i set my sights on the HTC Desire, which i got a few weeks ago.

I can honestly say that this is the BEST phone i have ever had. I'm am loving all thefree apps & the speed of the phone. Battery life sucks tho, but hey its a smart phone, its expected. :lol:

So who else here has a android phone? Which phone is it? & Whats your favorite apps?
98 2.0 Golf Gti Exec(current)
1985 1.6 Golf CSL (previous)
Jumbo_Golf
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1661
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:02 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa


Re: Android Thread

Postby Dubsketeer on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:28 am

im due for an upgrade this month and im looking into the HTC range aswell. wanted to get me the HD2... i love that screen :lol: but still shopping around.
Xtreme Veedubz Racing
Daily Rider: 1999 Yamaha R6
Race Car:
1989 Mk1 Fox, 1.8 8v, x-flow, itb's(123KW, 202NM)
Quarter Mile: 14.8(110KW, 193NM)(27-12-2010) Fast and Furious All starz
Image
User avatar
Dubsketeer
XV Ultimate
 
Posts: 3463
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: South Africa


Re: Android Thread

Postby Jumbo_Golf on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:37 am

HD2 is a great phone as well, but its a windows phone :roll: :lol:
98 2.0 Golf Gti Exec(current)
1985 1.6 Golf CSL (previous)
Jumbo_Golf
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1661
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:02 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa


Re: Android Thread

Postby Dubsketeer on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:40 am

Jumbo_Golf wrote:HD2 is a great phone as well, but its a windows phone :roll: :lol:


yaa man... i have a Navigator and i have no issues with the phone.... only saw yesterday the Android phones out. the Deire and i forgets what the other one is now...
Xtreme Veedubz Racing
Daily Rider: 1999 Yamaha R6
Race Car:
1989 Mk1 Fox, 1.8 8v, x-flow, itb's(123KW, 202NM)
Quarter Mile: 14.8(110KW, 193NM)(27-12-2010) Fast and Furious All starz
Image
User avatar
Dubsketeer
XV Ultimate
 
Posts: 3463
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: South Africa


Re: Android Thread

Postby Yakuza Racer on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:04 am

Dubsketeer wrote:
Jumbo_Golf wrote:HD2 is a great phone as well, but its a windows phone :roll: :lol:


yaa man... i have a Navigator and i have no issues with the phone.... only saw yesterday the Android phones out. the Deire and i forgets what the other one is now...

FTW!! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Yakuza Racer
XV Turbo Supreem
 
Posts: 7078
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Cape Town


Re: Android Thread

Postby GT'79 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:31 pm

EXPERIA MINI is a MONSTER

NOG ANDROID
Image

'78 Mk1 2door GT - RIP Too much cancer-
'79 Mk1 2door GT - New Project
'96 Jetta CLi 2.0L 8v MP9 99.1 KW - 187 Nm with Zorst and Branch RIP
'94 Jetta CLi 2.0L 8V Stock standard (WIP)
'97 Jetta CSX 1800 8v (WIP)
User avatar
GT'79
XV GTi King
 
Posts: 5873
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Cape town, Brackenfell, Nortypine


Re: Android Thread

Postby Krakie on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:25 pm

I was gonna upgrade to the HTC desire, had my eye on it for a while, luckily the contract only ended a couple of months back and I changed my mind. Nog BB :mrgreen:
Current: 2007 Seat Leon FR
Ex: 2000 Golf 4 GTI
Ex: 1994 CTi 2L 16V (under construction)
User avatar
Krakie
XV Ultimate
 
Posts: 3697
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:03 pm


Re: Android Thread

Postby Jumbo_Golf on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Krakie wrote:I was gonna upgrade to the HTC desire, had my eye on it for a while, luckily the contract only ended a couple of months back and I changed my mind. Nog BB :mrgreen:


BB :lol: congrats, ur just like all the other sheep now
98 2.0 Golf Gti Exec(current)
1985 1.6 Golf CSL (previous)
Jumbo_Golf
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1661
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:02 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa


Re: Android Thread

Postby Krakie on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Jumbo_Golf wrote:
Krakie wrote:I was gonna upgrade to the HTC desire, had my eye on it for a while, luckily the contract only ended a couple of months back and I changed my mind. Nog BB :mrgreen:


BB :lol: congrats, ur just like all the other sheep now

Na never followed anyone, had my own reasons for taking it(discussed here somewhere). I doubted it at first, but since I got it I've been happy, it suits my needs :thumright:
Current: 2007 Seat Leon FR
Ex: 2000 Golf 4 GTI
Ex: 1994 CTi 2L 16V (under construction)
User avatar
Krakie
XV Ultimate
 
Posts: 3697
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:03 pm


Re: Android Thread

Postby Jumbo_Golf on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Krakie wrote:Na never followed anyone, had my own reasons for taking it(discussed here somewhere). I doubted it at first, but since I got it I've been happy, it suits my needs :thumright:


Was just kiddin man, but i'm glad u got a phone that suits ur needs. Not many people buy like that. :thumleft:
98 2.0 Golf Gti Exec(current)
1985 1.6 Golf CSL (previous)
Jumbo_Golf
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1661
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:02 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa


Re: Android Thread

Postby Krakie on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Jumbo_Golf wrote:
Krakie wrote:Na never followed anyone, had my own reasons for taking it(discussed here somewhere). I doubted it at first, but since I got it I've been happy, it suits my needs :thumright:


Was just kiddin man, but i'm glad u got a phone that suits ur needs. Not many people buy like that. :thumleft:

Hahaha, I wasn't sure for a second there to be honest :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had an HTC, and when looking to upgrade, the desire seemed like the best phone to go for.
I would say it is better than the BB,
But the BB data plan suits my pocket the most. Use it for browsing, etc, so the bis was really attractive, and it is also really suiting my pocket :mrgreen:
As for other features, it does have it's limitations, but all in all, it's enough for me.

I never had the chance to play around with a desire or the android platform, I have read alot about it in the past, for customisation it seems to be one of if not THE best. But the phone itself, judging by the specs, it is all you could want in a phone. BB doesn't even have a fm tuner :(
Current: 2007 Seat Leon FR
Ex: 2000 Golf 4 GTI
Ex: 1994 CTi 2L 16V (under construction)
User avatar
Krakie
XV Ultimate
 
Posts: 3697
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:03 pm


Re: Android Thread

Postby slang on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:25 pm

I wanted to get me the HTC Desire as well, but saw something for R700 cheaper and with more functions, aka the Samsung Galaxy S. 4" SUPER AMOLED screen is what makes this phone so awesome, as well as 720p HD video recording :D

Very happy with this phone! Battery life sucks if I mxit, but other than that it lasts like 3 - 4days with a few calls
2010 Golf6 Tsi 90kw
User avatar
slang
taxi driver
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:14 pm
Location: Western Cape, Strand


Re: Android Thread

Postby GT'79 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:27 pm

you must own a android phone to experience it, i have a the experia mini, my buddy has the big one and with the new update it's even faster, serioulsly supa fast browsing with hsdpa 10.2
Image

'78 Mk1 2door GT - RIP Too much cancer-
'79 Mk1 2door GT - New Project
'96 Jetta CLi 2.0L 8v MP9 99.1 KW - 187 Nm with Zorst and Branch RIP
'94 Jetta CLi 2.0L 8V Stock standard (WIP)
'97 Jetta CSX 1800 8v (WIP)
User avatar
GT'79
XV GTi King
 
Posts: 5873
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Cape town, Brackenfell, Nortypine


Re: Android Thread

Postby Jumbo_Golf on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:10 am

slang777 wrote:I wanted to get me the HTC Desire as well, but saw something for R700 cheaper and with more functions, aka the Samsung Galaxy S. 4" SUPER AMOLED screen is what makes this phone so awesome, as well as 720p HD video recording :D

Very happy with this phone! Battery life sucks if I mxit, but other than that it lasts like 3 - 4days with a few calls


I really like the galaxy S. Its a beast of a phone. I'm very impressed by the new phones samsung are coming out with. Yea battery life sucks with most android phones, but just turn off all the stuff u dont use & close unnecessary apps & u should be able to extend it a bit. I just make sure i have a usb charger at home, in my car & at work :lol:
98 2.0 Golf Gti Exec(current)
1985 1.6 Golf CSL (previous)
Jumbo_Golf
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1661
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:02 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa


Re: Android Thread

Postby Jumbo_Golf on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:12 am

GT'79 wrote:you must own a android phone to experience it, i have a the experia mini, my buddy has the big one and with the new update it's even faster, serioulsly supa fast browsing with hsdpa 10.2


Thats true hey, What version of android are u running?
have u guys checked out the game angry birds on the android market? damn its addictive
98 2.0 Golf Gti Exec(current)
1985 1.6 Golf CSL (previous)
Jumbo_Golf
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1661
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:02 pm
Location: Cape Town, South Africa


Next

Return to IT Junkyard/Helpdesk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests