ATI vs NVIDIA

This is where you can find out about the lastest hardware/software & gadgets on the market.

Moderators: Tank, AstroDubz, PlaYa

Re: ATI vs NVIDIA

Postby mornecameron on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:01 am

PoPo wrote:NERD talk FTL :lol: :lol:

that is why i use my PC for PC stuff, and my GAME console for gaming stuff - cause PC's are like cellphones, today you have the hottest sh$%t tomorrow they launch a game where you have to rebuild your entire PC - like metro...for instance :mrgreen:

I was a PC kop but lost interest when they started launching games where the recommended system's were becoming idiotic... like Metro for instance :mrgreen: :lol:

True but theres a few games out there that has too many controls for Console use... and its really interesting games so this is where the keyboard is better than the controller!!! Who you calling a Nerd? blady popo/poop
Current: VW Polo 1.2Tsi Highline (2015) - 81KW
Ex: Audi 2005 3.2 LTD Edition v6
Ex: Audi TT 1.8T 2001(Chipped and Tuned)
Ex: Audi A4 2.0 2008
Ex: Nissan 350z HL Fair Lady 2005
Ex: BMW E46 325i M Sport 2005
Ex: BMW E46 320i 2001
Ex: POLO Comfortline 1.6 2005
mornecameron
yuppie dicer

Postby PoPo on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 am

I calling YOU nerd, or PC gremlin, whichever makes you sleep at better night :lol: :mrgreen:

Ja those games are fun right up to the point where it either freezes, or it kicks you out, or your OS crashes or something. :lol:

Bt yeah PC games are putting console games to shame, but in terms of reliabilty i'll take a console anyday. :thumright:
Current: Polo 6r 1.4 CW Comfortline
Ex: Polo GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk3 2.0 8V GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk2 1.6 CSL (engine blew)
PoPo
Slut

Postby GT'79 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:30 am

PoPo wrote:I calling YOU nerd, or PC gremlin, whichever makes you sleep at better night :lol: :mrgreen:

Ja those games are fun right up to the point where it either freezes, or it kicks you out, or your OS crashes or something. :lol:

Bt yeah PC games are putting console games to shame, but in terms of reliabilty i'll take a console anyday. :thumright:

All depends on the build and components installed....same principle as a car...buy cheap sh$%t and you WILL have problems.

give a console all the functions of a pc and see if it's still as reliable

'78 Mk1 2door GT - RIP Too much cancer-
'79 Mk1 2door GT - New Project
'96 Jetta CLi 2.0L 8v MP9 99.1 KW - 187 Nm with Zorst and Branch RIP
'94 Jetta CLi 2.0L 8V Stock standard (WIP)
'97 Jetta CSX 1800 8v (WIP)
GT'79
XV GTi King

Postby PoPo on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:37 am

well with the new XBOX "hack" it's much like a PC to be honest - :mrgreen:

But yeah i agree with you about the quality of your hardware, but i gotta admit it's vrek funny when you walk into a store and then look at all the PC gamers checking if their PC specs are up for what is need for the game, whereas i simply pick and pay and play, no installation and blah blah blah :lol: :salut:
Current: Polo 6r 1.4 CW Comfortline
Ex: Polo GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk3 2.0 8V GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk2 1.6 CSL (engine blew)
PoPo
Slut

Postby SWISS on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:42 pm

PoPo wrote:well with the new XBOX "hack" it's much like a PC to be honest - :mrgreen:

But yeah i agree with you about the quality of your hardware, but i gotta admit it's vrek funny when you walk into a store and then look at all the PC gamers checking if their PC specs are up for what is need for the game, whereas i simply pick and pay and play, no installation and blah blah blah :lol: :salut:

Ya, take this for example. I bought my xbox 4 years ago and i can still play any xbox game on it but, if i bought a good pc 4 years ago it would now be obsolete. I got tired of forever upgrading and each time it was almost as much as buying a console :evil:
Daily - Audi A3 2.0T FSI
EX - '91 Golf mk2 9A 16v :cry:
EX - Golf 4
RIP - '91 Edition One Passat GT 9A 16v :cry:

SWISS
XV forum slut

Postby GooSe763 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:47 am

SWISS wrote:
PoPo wrote:well with the new XBOX "hack" it's much like a PC to be honest - :mrgreen:

Ya, take this for example. I bought my xbox 4 years ago and i can still play any xbox game on it but, if i bought a good pc 4 years ago it would now be obsolete. I got tired of forever upgrading and each time it was almost as much as buying a console :evil:

But your current xbox graphics look exactly like it did 4 years ago and for someone like me thats just shite. Some new games like the new call of duty, battlefield, crysis, mass effect, Skyrim etc etc, developers had to decrease graphic quality just so it can be played on a console. Another point, console frame rate is very very low, its locked at 30fps compared to a pc which frame rate can most cases to 3X that amount and more. And low frame rate = less fun game experience especially if your used to pc standards

And lets not forget the price of console games people, between R500 and R700 per game?!! Pc games cost like R350-R500

Buuut i guess if your not that into gaming and pc hardware a console would do just fine, just dont expect cutting edge features.
Current:
Citi 1.6Fury

Ex:
Citi 2l 8v (AGG) MP9
Citi Sonic 2l 8v (2E) Carb
Honda CBR400RR
Honda VFR400 NC30
Suzuki RG125F Gamma
GooSe763
taxi driver

Postby SWISS on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:25 am

I use my XBox like once a month...so its great for wen i wanna give it a go so no chance in hell am i gonna prefer a pc where you have to turn it on, boot up, start loading the game which takes forever etc. etc.

I'm happy with my console :mrgreen:
Daily - Audi A3 2.0T FSI
EX - '91 Golf mk2 9A 16v :cry:
EX - Golf 4
RIP - '91 Edition One Passat GT 9A 16v :cry:

SWISS
XV forum slut

Previous

Return to IT Junkyard/Helpdesk