Golf 5 Gti Dressup kit

This is where you post all your technical topics about body work, body kits and body styling.

Moderators: Tank, AstroDubz, PlaYa

Golf 5 Gti Dressup kit

Postby winstonGTI on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:57 am

Good morning

Can anyone tell me where in CapeTown I can get the Golf 5 GTI front bumper, side skirt and rear apron(Gti or R32) and at what price -/+ new or 2nd hand. Will the bumper fit on a the G5 TDi or is modification needed?

Thanks
winstonGTI
tricycle racer

Re: Golf 5 Gti Dressup kit

Postby PoPo on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:11 pm

I don't see why it won't fit... probably some cutting/modding to be done...then again i don't see why you would want to... :scratch:

Why not just dress the TDI up as a TDI... many lips available out there, many rear valance's available out there... you gonna piss off the mk5 gti's as well which is a bonus but not so much when they leave you their wake :evil:
Current: Polo 6r 1.4 CW Comfortline
Ex: Polo GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk3 2.0 8V GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk2 1.6 CSL (engine blew)
PoPo
Slut

Postby winstonGTI on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:52 am

lol I hear what you saying… But the TDI is the closes thing I can get to a GTI coz I got it at a steal :wink: . So I just wanted to close the gap a little bit more with the GTI look :oops: , no intention to race that would just be outright stupid :roll: :roll:
winstonGTI
tricycle racer

Postby PoPo on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:08 am

LOL - no worries i understand....but then rather pimp it up as a TDi not a GTI "wannabe"

I mean what is the point of having an r32 rear apron with dual exhausts and when you put fut down you cover the other cars in soet! :lol:

So what i would do is - nice set of rims (preferably OEM), some side skirts, a lekker front lip, Gti rear apron and a gti rear boot spoiler with some coilovers :salut: :thumleft:
Current: Polo 6r 1.4 CW Comfortline
Ex: Polo GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk3 2.0 8V GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk2 1.6 CSL (engine blew)
PoPo
Slut

Postby winstonGTI on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:53 am

thanks, that was the idea G6 rims custom in black and white or the a set of Helios, I like the R32 look at the back tho. but will do some searching and when I start I'll keep you updated on the progress
winstonGTI
tricycle racer

Return to The Panel Shop