Spray Painting and Mags

This is where you post all your technical topics about body work, body kits and body styling.

Moderators: Tank, AstroDubz, PlaYa

Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby SWISS on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:31 am

mornecameron wrote:Untill saturday... How about R100 - R200 rand?

from when? today?
Daily - Audi A3 2.0T FSI
EX - '91 Golf mk2 9A 16v :cry:
EX - Golf 4
RIP - '91 Edition One Passat GT 9A 16v :cry:

Image
User avatar
SWISS
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 am
Location: Cape Town


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby mornecameron on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:35 am

Yes from today. Might even be until tommorow only. Dont know how long they gonna take
Current: VW Polo 1.2Tsi Highline (2015) - 81KW
Ex: Audi 2005 3.2 LTD Edition v6
Ex: Audi TT 1.8T 2001(Chipped and Tuned)
Ex: Audi A4 2.0 2008
Ex: Nissan 350z HL Fair Lady 2005
Ex: BMW E46 325i M Sport 2005
Ex: BMW E46 320i 2001
Ex: POLO Comfortline 1.6 2005
User avatar
mornecameron
yuppie dicer
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: Cape Town


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby SWISS on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:40 am

mornecameron wrote:Yes from today. Might even be until tommorow only. Dont know how long they gonna take

PM'd
Daily - Audi A3 2.0T FSI
EX - '91 Golf mk2 9A 16v :cry:
EX - Golf 4
RIP - '91 Edition One Passat GT 9A 16v :cry:

Image
User avatar
SWISS
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 am
Location: Cape Town


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby SWISS on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:41 am

And if you scratch them, I take your re-furbed ones :mrgreen:
Daily - Audi A3 2.0T FSI
EX - '91 Golf mk2 9A 16v :cry:
EX - Golf 4
RIP - '91 Edition One Passat GT 9A 16v :cry:

Image
User avatar
SWISS
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 am
Location: Cape Town


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby mornecameron on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:26 am

SWISS wrote:
mornecameron wrote:Yes from today. Might even be until tommorow only. Dont know how long they gonna take

PM'd



You've been PM'd!!! BACK
Current: VW Polo 1.2Tsi Highline (2015) - 81KW
Ex: Audi 2005 3.2 LTD Edition v6
Ex: Audi TT 1.8T 2001(Chipped and Tuned)
Ex: Audi A4 2.0 2008
Ex: Nissan 350z HL Fair Lady 2005
Ex: BMW E46 325i M Sport 2005
Ex: BMW E46 320i 2001
Ex: POLO Comfortline 1.6 2005
User avatar
mornecameron
yuppie dicer
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: Cape Town


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby SWISS on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Wrap them...def a good idea cos if you get bored of the colour, it will be much easier and cheaper to change :thumleft:
Daily - Audi A3 2.0T FSI
EX - '91 Golf mk2 9A 16v :cry:
EX - Golf 4
RIP - '91 Edition One Passat GT 9A 16v :cry:

Image
User avatar
SWISS
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 am
Location: Cape Town


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby mornecameron on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:37 pm

SWISS wrote:Wrap them...def a good idea cos if you get bored of the colour, it will be much easier and cheaper to change :thumleft:


Has anyone ever tried this?
Current: VW Polo 1.2Tsi Highline (2015) - 81KW
Ex: Audi 2005 3.2 LTD Edition v6
Ex: Audi TT 1.8T 2001(Chipped and Tuned)
Ex: Audi A4 2.0 2008
Ex: Nissan 350z HL Fair Lady 2005
Ex: BMW E46 325i M Sport 2005
Ex: BMW E46 320i 2001
Ex: POLO Comfortline 1.6 2005
User avatar
mornecameron
yuppie dicer
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: Cape Town


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby mornecameron on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:38 pm

or seeming that they white.... Why not sticker Bomb them? lol that'll be really unique
Current: VW Polo 1.2Tsi Highline (2015) - 81KW
Ex: Audi 2005 3.2 LTD Edition v6
Ex: Audi TT 1.8T 2001(Chipped and Tuned)
Ex: Audi A4 2.0 2008
Ex: Nissan 350z HL Fair Lady 2005
Ex: BMW E46 325i M Sport 2005
Ex: BMW E46 320i 2001
Ex: POLO Comfortline 1.6 2005
User avatar
mornecameron
yuppie dicer
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: Cape Town


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby SWISS on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 pm

mornecameron wrote:or seeming that they white.... Why not sticker Bomb them? lol that'll be really unique

overkill
Daily - Audi A3 2.0T FSI
EX - '91 Golf mk2 9A 16v :cry:
EX - Golf 4
RIP - '91 Edition One Passat GT 9A 16v :cry:

Image
User avatar
SWISS
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 am
Location: Cape Town


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby PoPo on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:43 pm

I saw a guy on the road once...wrapped them in carbon fibre... looked ace from distance but close up looked a bit k*k.

the flat/broader the surface of the rim the better... i saw your rims on the XV homepage and you my friend caught on lot's of k*k!! :evil:

firstly you don't prep the rims good enough, then it seeemd you painted your rims then you went and gone for a monster theme on a relatively mild mannered white polo...which if done correctly will look :thumright: done wrong and it'll look :pig:

what you should have done is prepped the rims properly and messed around in photoshop with colours and designs... much like i did with my rims and headlights (which i'm changing again :mrgreen:)

sorry if i am coming across as rude but yeah patience dude... take SWISS/GT79 for example - how long they working on their projects :salut:
Image
Current: Polo 6r 1.4 CW Comfortline
Ex: Polo GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk3 2.0 8V GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk2 1.6 CSL (engine blew)
User avatar
PoPo
Slut
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 pm
Location: In the RaaaaaaWWW!!!!


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby PoPo on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:44 pm

KISS = keep it simple stupid :thumright:
Image
Current: Polo 6r 1.4 CW Comfortline
Ex: Polo GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk3 2.0 8V GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk2 1.6 CSL (engine blew)
User avatar
PoPo
Slut
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 pm
Location: In the RaaaaaaWWW!!!!


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby mornecameron on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:59 pm

PoPo wrote:I saw a guy on the road once...wrapped them in carbon fibre... looked ace from distance but close up looked a bit k*k.

the flat/broader the surface of the rim the better... i saw your rims on the XV homepage and you my friend caught on lot's of k*k!! :evil:

firstly you don't prep the rims good enough, then it seeemd you painted your rims then you went and gone for a monster theme on a relatively mild mannered white polo...which if done correctly will look :thumright: done wrong and it'll look :pig:

what you should have done is prepped the rims properly and messed around in photoshop with colours and designs... much like i did with my rims and headlights (which i'm changing again :mrgreen:)

sorry if i am coming across as rude but yeah patience dude... take SWISS/GT79 for example - how long they working on their projects :salut:



thats off putting... anyway response I use my car as a daily driver I mean seriously daily driver over the past year alone I racked 25000 KM's thats not even a full year yet. I am soo limited with time as since I started working here I have to work weekends. I get home at about 6 daily. I have a family and GF to see to and then still try and do this car the way I want it... hence why I was asking to rent some rims to have it done professionally. remember that some of you all have years of experience. im 22... a poor northern suburbs boijtie with very little car experience I do my best, on the peanuts I earn. I do everything on my own. I pay for my car, I pay for petrol, I pay some things my GF needs, I pay for what I need. and next semester Im starting to study law(changing from IT) which by the looks of it im paying on my own again. I see about 3 hours of my day to eat, see my gf, handle my business and everything... and thats not enough. So Im sorry im not as great as the legends on this forum. but im trying to keep up. I respect alot of you. and even though I keep getting put off I stick around I like this forum you guys are the most pratical at everything Vdub to me. I dont talk or view any other forums except this one. So good advice is always welcomed but you dont have to beat down on me every single time. im freaking trying. :(
Current: VW Polo 1.2Tsi Highline (2015) - 81KW
Ex: Audi 2005 3.2 LTD Edition v6
Ex: Audi TT 1.8T 2001(Chipped and Tuned)
Ex: Audi A4 2.0 2008
Ex: Nissan 350z HL Fair Lady 2005
Ex: BMW E46 325i M Sport 2005
Ex: BMW E46 320i 2001
Ex: POLO Comfortline 1.6 2005
User avatar
mornecameron
yuppie dicer
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: Cape Town


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby mornecameron on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:01 pm

PoPo wrote:KISS = keep it simple stupid :thumright:


But I like the most wanted gaming modification cars. Performance im not all that bothered but graphics hell yeah... :) we all have different taste im just a whole lot crazier
Current: VW Polo 1.2Tsi Highline (2015) - 81KW
Ex: Audi 2005 3.2 LTD Edition v6
Ex: Audi TT 1.8T 2001(Chipped and Tuned)
Ex: Audi A4 2.0 2008
Ex: Nissan 350z HL Fair Lady 2005
Ex: BMW E46 325i M Sport 2005
Ex: BMW E46 320i 2001
Ex: POLO Comfortline 1.6 2005
User avatar
mornecameron
yuppie dicer
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: Cape Town


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby PoPo on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:06 pm

you gonna squirt some sweetheart :mrgreen: -

no worries boet that is why i am gonna help you with the wrapping and laminex'ing of your ride :thumright:

selfpity is unbecoming - that is not the veedub way 8)

As for Graphics - yes i get where you coming from.... the reason why those cars look cause it's a game, you real - two different WORLDS!!!

in my lifetime i have done some pretty crazy mods to my car, and one thing that all ppl always told me is "less is more"
yeah those graphics and colour schemes will get you noticed but not really noticed in a good way - do you wanna be laughed at??? (and yes you gonna you don't care about the ridicule) but your previous post beg to differ - so let us help you, guide you, and cause we guys we will make gat of you but in the end ALL of us had to go through this to be a legend
Image
Current: Polo 6r 1.4 CW Comfortline
Ex: Polo GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk3 2.0 8V GTi (sold)
Ex: Mk2 1.6 CSL (engine blew)
User avatar
PoPo
Slut
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 pm
Location: In the RaaaaaaWWW!!!!


Re: Spray Painting and Mags

Postby SWISS on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:10 pm

mornecameron wrote:thats off putting... anyway response I use my car as a daily driver I mean seriously daily driver over the past year alone I racked 25000 KM's thats not even a full year yet. I am soo limited with time as since I started working here I have to work weekends. I get home at about 6 daily. I have a family and GF to see to and then still try and do this car the way I want it... hence why I was asking to rent some rims to have it done professionally. remember that some of you all have years of experience. im 22... a poor northern suburbs boijtie with very little car experience I do my best, on the peanuts I earn. I do everything on my own. I pay for my car, I pay for petrol, I pay some things my GF needs, I pay for what I need. and next semester Im starting to study law(changing from IT) which by the looks of it im paying on my own again. I see about 3 hours of my day to eat, see my gf, handle my business and everything... and thats not enough. So Im sorry im not as great as the legends on this forum. but im trying to keep up. I respect alot of you. and even though I keep getting put off I stick around I like this forum you guys are the most pratical at everything Vdub to me. I dont talk or view any other forums except this one. So good advice is always welcomed but you dont have to beat down on me every single time. im freaking trying. :(


Morne, We all have lives away from our cars...I also work 10+ hours a day, study and have a house/flat to run while keeping my gf happy at the same time. I prob find a couple hours a week to spend on my car but when i find those hours, i stick in and work hard (what i learned was from helping my dad with this sort of thing wen i was a kid and from my own practice). Don't come with sob stories here as none of us were handed the world on a platter :evil:

You make the time, and us, as true VeeDubbers, will be happy to teach you a thing or two...Just dont make us out to be spoiled or just graced with amazing talent from birth...its called hard work and sacrafice :salut:
Last edited by SWISS on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daily - Audi A3 2.0T FSI
EX - '91 Golf mk2 9A 16v :cry:
EX - Golf 4
RIP - '91 Edition One Passat GT 9A 16v :cry:

Image
User avatar
SWISS
XV forum slut
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 am
Location: Cape Town


PreviousNext

Return to The Panel Shop

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron