MRP in Lansdowne (DONT EVER GO THERE!)

If a business has given you GREAT service... let us know about it...

Moderators: Tank, AstroDubz, PlaYa

MRP in Lansdowne (DONT EVER GO THERE!)

Postby warlock on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:26 am

So i was having some trouble with the jetta's idling and suspected that it was my k-jet that was busy packing up. did some basic troubleshooting(checking for any tears in the rubber boots and so on) an couldn't find anything wrong. then I opened the airbox and started the car and at the same time moved the flap of the fuel dizzy and the motor would idle but the die again.

having started my new job, i had very little time to work on my car and i was using a company vehicle so wasn't to bothered. i then decided to take my car to MRP in lansdowne as they were just 10min away from where i stay, and i've seen quite a few track cars at killarney that was built and maintained by MRP. I went around to MRP on Friday 09-07-2010 and explained to Boeta Waanie(the owner) what the problem was and i suspect it might be the K-Jet. He then told me that he had some K-Jet spares and i should book the car in. I also had a complete sidedraught setup and told that if it is the k-jet thats the problem he should just go ahead and fit the carbs. I booked the jetta in on the 10-07-2010 (with the carb setup) and was told i could pick it up the following week.

So i go around took checkup on his progress and he gives me some bullshit story about there not being enough voltage on the fuel pump and it's an electrical issue :scratch: . i entertained it and told him to just sort it out as i dont have time to do it myself and again i was told that he would have the car ready by the weekend. So i went to MRP on Saturday 17-07-2010 and my car wasn't done but the rear of the car was on stands and the fusebox was hanging inside the car :shock: . asked him whats happening and he said they having trouble finding the problem :roll:

My work picked up quite a bit and i didn't have time to go around checkup in person. i tried calling him but he does not answer my calls. anyways he kept on bullshitting me for another 4 weeks and i got gatvol and went to pickup my car on 19-08-2010 and he wasnt even there but rocked up as i was leaving.

Gave Zahir(aka Reno) a call and he told me i could bring the car through. Long story short, the motor was losing compression and this was due to the rings.

If you looking for a place to store your car for about 2months, MRP has free storage space availible :thumright: but dont expect any work to be done on your car. also getting your car back might be a problem as the owner is never availible and does not answer calls.

MRP FTMFL!!!!!!! :thumright:
Current:
1.8L 8V MK2 CLi JETTA with BORBET A Wheels
Ex:
2.0L 8V MK1 GOLF - SOLD
warlock
drag dicer

Re: MRP in Lansdowne (DONT EVER GO THERE!)

Postby Yakuza Racer on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:01 am

:salut: :lol: :lol:
Yakuza Racer
XV Turbo Supreem

Postby Nicola on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:05 am

Shame man!

That sucks

Did you pay them anything?
Nicola
XV Ultimate

Postby warlock on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:02 am

Nope didnt pay him.
Current:
1.8L 8V MK2 CLi JETTA with BORBET A Wheels
Ex:
2.0L 8V MK1 GOLF - SOLD
warlock
drag dicer

Postby tulpie5@yahoo.com on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 am

Sorry to hear china, sometimes people just take a piss over getting things done, 2months and they couldnt find a solution clearly means they have no idea what they are doing... :!:
tulpie5@yahoo.com
tricycle racer

Return to The Garage