Big Apple (Goodwood)

If a business has given you GREAT service... let us know about it...

Moderators: Tank, AstroDubz, PlaYa

Big Apple (Goodwood)

Postby mornecameron on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:12 am

Ok as you know I bought my first car last year and it was a dubie. I bought it at a place called big apple.

Now after they tried to convince me to take a extended warranty I declined. After about a month I was installing the system. But as you know sometimes finding the right wires you pop a fuse or 2. and while replacing the fuse I pulled out the wrong fuse and messed up my airbag sensor as-well. :( . So i take the car back to them and ask if they would help me. They said even though they not supposed too they will do it for me. :mrgreen: got me smiling a moersa hoe. Then in December while trying to avoid a accident on the N2 while driving to work. I braked purse hard but forgot to release the gear and skrewed up not only my ABS sensor but also my release bearing and pressure plate. So once again... I get the insurance company to tow me to the dealer I tell them what happened and they like just wait here and give me your keys and just wait here. So I take a walk and go grab something to eat. I get a call asking where I was about 5 - 6 hours later. I go back and my car is waiting I start her up and she's puring like a little kitten. I ask them so what was wrong? they told me that my ABS sensors went faulty and they replaced it with new ones OEM part! :cyclopsani: I was impressed at this place already. then they said that they also installed a clutch kit for me!!! Great job. :salut: So I'm willing to pay for these things then he tells me that they also decided to have all my wheel bearings replaced(for no reason), new brake pads and they car got a major service done with the plugs replaced and new filters and oil and whatever else. Even though it was serviced that July a few days before I bought it as the previous owner F'd up the engine and the whole engine was replaced by V.W. So i take out my credit card and I want to pay for the things as technically it wasn't there fault and he says "no worries its on the house" and call us if you need anything else. its a year later now and this car is still driving smoothly never had to return it. sure there is small little normal things but thats my own fault the the injector post I had on here somewhere. but its all sorted now. Injectors were just dirty. but all in all their service is excellent. 9.5/10. GOOD SERVICE IS HARD TO FIND AND IT SEEMS THEY GOT IT RIGHT. the best part to me is that everything was done so quickly. I think they probly had there whole servicing team on my car cause for F's sake I was expecting them to come back and say sorry we'll have to keep your ride here. unexpected service.
Current: Audi 2005 3.2 LTD Edition v6
Ex: Audi TT 1.8T 2001(Chipped and Tuned)
Ex: Audi A4 2.0 2008
Ex: Nissan 350z HL Fair Lady 2005
Ex: BMW E46 325i M Sport 2005
Ex: BMW E46 320i 2001
Ex: POLO Comfortline 1.6 2005
mornecameron
yuppie dicer

Re: Big Apple (Goodwood)

Postby Throttled on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:22 pm

:salut: thats what i call sevice
Current:1998 Opel Astra 200i 16V itbs 121kw 190nm atw JVS Tuning
Throttled
XV forum slut

Postby supey on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Throttled wrote::salut: thats what i call sevice

:thumleft: true true ... I never wanted to go in there, but now I will have to. I'm currently in the market, so will be dropping by soon. Will say Morne sent me ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

for VW engine codes

Ekta -> VW part numbers. http://87.118.230.251/ Use Google tranlate to getit to english
supey
XV forum King

Postby mornecameron on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:23 am

Ask for Jonathan he helped me he wears specs
mornecameron
yuppie dicer

Postby u3 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:39 pm

i can give a bit of a opposite opinion on big apple.

i went in there to buy a car and trade in my GTI.
1st it took forever for someone to come and assist me. then the guy who had to give me a offer for the GTI took his own time to come and was on the phone talking to someone about some other crap and took 2 seconds to walk around the golf and offered me a disrespectful amount for the GTI,and walked off. i told the salesman who was still hovering that even though i was really interested in the polo TDI i will not be doing business with the, because of the disrespect of that guy..

their prices are also not the best.
EX[color=#BFFFFF]98 GTi EXEC :
u3
pro dicer

Postby mornecameron on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:36 pm

u3 wrote:i can give a bit of a opposite opinion on big apple.

i went in there to buy a car and trade in my GTI.
1st it took forever for someone to come and assist me. then the guy who had to give me a offer for the GTI took his own time to come and was on the phone talking to someone about some other crap and took 2 seconds to walk around the golf and offered me a disrespectful amount for the GTI,and walked off. i told the salesman who was still hovering that even though i was really interested in the polo TDI i will not be doing business with the, because of the disrespect of that guy..

their prices are also not the best.

True since then My opinion has also changed about them and Also rather just drive a different route than to drive past there. I hate them to be honest. Kinda lost all respect for them. :(
mornecameron
yuppie dicer

Return to The Garage