Hybrid 2L 16v build!

This is where you will find lots of general or specific technical articles to help and assist in maintaining your VW or Audi...

Moderators: Tank, AstroDubz, PlaYa

Re: Hybrid 2L 16v build!

Postby Krakie on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Pip3R wrote:Pro's and con's of decking block?

I don't know :oops:
I just did it to get the piston to sit flush.
I'll let you know if I experience any problems when my motor is finally started up and being driven in the distant future.
I know Jody had to deck his block to put in the combi pistons. Maybe he can shed some light if he reads this.
Current: 2007 Seat Leon FR
Ex: 2000 Golf 4 GTI
Ex: 1994 CTi 2L 16V (under construction)
Krakie
XV Ultimate

Postby Pip3R on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:39 am

Guys,

this is one thing that needs to be part of a thread, Pro's and Con's of doing certain stuff that has risk factor involved.
Maranoux always put Pro's and Con's with certain mods/work if he posted something.

So put there pro's and cons also, specially with something like decking a block.. (still wudnt do it, but that is just me)
"A good car gets you from point A to point B... A great car gets you in trouble"
Pip3R
XV Turbo Supreem

Postby Krakie on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:52 am

Pip3R wrote:Guys,

this is one thing that needs to be part of a thread, Pro's and Con's of doing certain stuff that has risk factor involved.
Maranoux always put Pro's and Con's with certain mods/work if he posted something.

So put there pro's and cons also, specially with something like decking a block.. (still wudnt do it, but that is just me)

True. Can anyone in the know please add that. I will edit first post accordingly.
That's the reason for this thread. Its gonna rely alot on input from other guys. I just thought that if I knew some of the things before hand I could've saved time and money. Less driving up and down. Cheaper engineering cost.
Just wanna make a good single source of info for anyone thinking of doing this. So come on, anyone with an experience please add it.
Krakie
XV Ultimate

Postby Pip3R on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:56 am

where is supey?chela?yakie?pepa?zambo?astro?sketeer?
and wueva else.
"A good car gets you from point A to point B... A great car gets you in trouble"
Pip3R
XV Turbo Supreem

Postby 16vTurbo on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:04 am

pepa wrote:
Pip3R wrote:Question:

is there another alternative to decking the block?

longer pistons or rods.

or rework your small end bushes.you can add a little more height by doing that. This can also be done to lower your compression.
ImageImageImage[
16vTurbo
XV forum slut

Postby Krakie on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:31 am

16vTurbo wrote:
pepa wrote:
Pip3R wrote:Question:

is there another alternative to decking the block?

longer pistons or rods.

or rework your small end bushes.you can add a little more height by doing that. This can also be done to lower your compression.

Must you make custom bushes for this and can you gain/lose up to a mm doing this?
Krakie
XV Ultimate

Postby MARANOUX on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:29 pm

phone broken and new one k*k and i building motor and databundle up,so if i have more time and can proper post from laptop i will try to post picks and info ens.

But the small bush move works to help up cr abit and not 1mm or mabey just hey,the removing shim on steal head gasket can help but if wait,a std abf and aal 9a the piston pushes .4mm out the block afaik ,and has small dishes so if u pish a piston to high out the block and put to thin gasket on u can hit valves or piston can hit the head :cry: :shock: and even with big pockets it can still hapen on valve bounch hey,and pockets lower cr also :shock:

So i would also say 10.8cr is ok on 95 and good for piston clearence ........

So work cr rite out and plan ahead. more to folow mutch later :wink:
MARANOUX
XV forum slut

Previous

Return to Tech Corner - Technical Articles